Berkeley Chess School 2622 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley
FIDE Rated (Rounds 4-5)!
Calchess Senior State Championship
Winner will be the Norcal Representative for the Irwin National Tournament of Senior State Champions
1. All players must be 50 years of age or older.
2. All players must wear face coverings.
3. All players must submit proof of vaccination against Covid19 with their registration.
4. The tournament shall be played in accordance with FIDE and
5. Game forfeited after 30 minutes in the event of a no-show.
Round 1: Saturday 11am
Round 2: Saturday 1:30pm
Round 3: Saturday 4 pm
Round 4: Sunday 12pm
Round 5: Sunday 4:30pm
Saturday Time control (rounds 1-3) G/60 with a 5 second delay
Sunday Time Control (rounds 4-5) G/90 with a 30 Second Increment.
Fide Rated (only rounds 4-5 are Fide Rated)
All Players must be over 50 years of age to play
Senior is one big section, but there are prizes for Rating Sections and age sections.
Round 5 pairings may be altered to create a head on match for Age level Prizes.
One Player is allowed only a maximum of 1 prize! (One player may not win both an Under Rating, Prize and an age Prize. He/She will only recieve ONE of those prizes. Whichever is larger)
GMs/IMs/FMs may play without paying an entry fee, however Entry Fee will be deducted from any winnings.
Best U2000: $150 Best U1600: $150 Best U1200: $150
Best Age 60+ $100 Best Age 70+ $100 Best Age 80+ $100